Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Silent Governess by: Julie Klassen


Olivia Keene is fleeing her own secret. She never intended to overhear HIS.

But she cannot go back. And now that she knows the truth about Lord Bradley, what will he do to her? Any uncouth comment to the wrong person could result in the truth being revealed. He stands to lose everything - fortune, reputation, and home.

He forces Olivia to stay with him at Brightwell Court where he can keep an eye on her. Was it not once said, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"?

But as they begin to see into each other's hearts, things change ... suddenly they are no longer enemies. They look at each other in an entirely different way.

But Olivia is hiding something, and Lord Bradley cannot be entirely sure that it's not this clever woman who is leaving mysterious and threatening notes in his room.

Enter a 1900th century manor house run by the handsome and secretive Edward Bradley where all is not as it seems.

My thoughts:

This book is one of the. Best. EVER.

I love it.

One of the best things is that Olivia gets this neck injury so she can't talk anymore and she has to be a governess to these kids without talking to them. It's a really awesome plot idea.

I just LOVE Olivia Keene. She's clever and sticks up for herself. I love the cover art on this book. I love stories where the mean guy falls for the sweet girl and becomes nice. :)

I thought the story was slightly spoiled by the fact that there's this other guy who takes a romantic interest in Olivia and gets temporarily locked into a closet with her where he tries to kiss her. But aside from that I loved. This. Story.

Objectionable Content:

Language: None.
Romance/Sexual Content: Kissing.
Edward Bradley finds out his parents weren't married.
A servant has a baby and she isn't married.
Violence: Wild dogs attack Olivia.
Drugs/Alchol Content: None.

3 comments:

  1. Sprinkles: IT IS COOL.

    Sierra: I've read ALL of Julie Klassen's books. She's awesome. :) How many have you read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this book! One of the best! I laughed a little when I read that you thought one of the best parts was when Olivia gets a neck injury. :D But then I read the rest and realized that I agreed with you. It was a great plot idea. Great review!

    ReplyDelete