Sunday, June 19, 2011

Waterfall by: Lisa T. Bergren


What do you do when your knight in shining armor lives, literally, in another world?

The Betarrini sisters decide to explore an ancient tomb during their visit to Italy with their archaeologist mother. They are bored out of their minds, so it takes Lia very little convincing from her sister Gabi to check out the tomb, not matter how dark and uninviting it may look.

While in the tomb, Gabi places her hand in a hand print, and finds herself transported to fourteenth-century Italy. And worse still, she arrives in the middle of a fierce battle between knights of two opposing forces. All she wants to do is get out of there, but one side - the good side, she hopes - takes her with them to their castle.

It doesn't take long for Gabi, who isn't afraid to get in on the action, to make a name for herself. She believes her sister was transported with her, yet she cannot find her. The search begins. The knight who rescued her from the fight, Marcello Forelli, will do everything in his power to help her find Lia, her sister. Maybe too much? Marcello, after all, is already betrothed, to Lady Rossi, a flirty girl who doesn't want Gabi to get in the way.

Even though they are betrothed, there is no true love between Marcello and Lady Rossi. On the other hand, could there be some between Marcello and Gabi? But how could that ever come to be? Gabi is from the twenty-first century, while Marcello is from the fourteenth. Why does Gabi always seem to fall for the guy she can't have?

At a ball, her partner tells her he knows where her sister is, and he only requires one thing. Something she would be a traitor to give.

My thoughts:

Argh! I hate cliff-hanger endings! This book is so cool, I just have to know what comes next! I want to go get the next book, Cascading, right now! Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I love the cover!!! Though I'm still wondering what the book has to do with waterfalls.

I fell in love with Gabi. She's so strong and smart, and I love the way she always wants to get in on the action, and she wants to fight her own fights, though all the other girls think it's scandalous.

Objectional Content:

Language: A few uses of the word "heck" and one other word that I can not remember.

Romance/Sexual Content: Marcello and Gabi kiss a few times. Luca falls in love with Gabi's sister, but it is rarely mentioned.

Violence: Some sword fighting, and some nasty wounds.

Drugs/alcohol: They drank some wine at the feast

Here is the book trailer:

7 comments:

  1. Love the review--thanks for reading it! Happily, CASCADE (book 2) is out now and TORRENT (book 3) comes out 9/1, so you can keep reading the River of Time Series. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Sounds like a awesome book, I will try to find it! For more reviews on books like this, please visit my blog:
    graciesbookreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I LOVE that book! I've only had it for three days and I've already read the whole thing twice, and my favorite parts a million time over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a really cool book! I'll have to check it out from my library;) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you stop by some more,
    *Allie*
    www.allieinterrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you believe that I just read this book a couple of days ago, thinking in the back of mind, "Where did I see this cover from" and now I realized it was from your book blog! :)

    I absolutely love it! Though there were some parts that I would rather changed, it was still a pretty good book. :) Can't wait to read "Cascade"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I found this book on free Kindle download and was iffy about it even though it looked good, never know what's in books I snag off the shelves these days. When I saw your positive review of it, I was so excited! Now I most definitely have to read it! Knights and Italy all rolled into one, can it GET any better!? I feel the need to disappear to 14th century Italy for the weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete