Monday, June 25, 2012

Swipe by: Evan Angler


Who had been there? Who had snuck in through the window? Who had sipped the glass and knocked the picture askew?
No one.
No one, Logan told himself. You're being insane.
... Right?
And Logan's heart snapped in his chest--so hart that it hurt--when across the room, the door to the outside stairway clicked quietly shut.

Logan Langly dreads a gift--at least, some people might call it that. The beautiful new girl, Erin Arbitor, sure thinks it is. But after what he's seen and heard, he's starting to think of  'the gift' as a curse.

His thirteenth birthday is going to be the biggest day of his life. He will at last be marked. He will be able to get jobs, use public transportation ... buy his own concert tickets. He will become free--or so he is told.

But five years ago ... his sister lost freedom. She went to be marked ... and never came back.



My thoughts:

I had some trouble getting into the book, but once I did ... wow. I could NOT put it down. And my brother didn't think the beginning was slow at all, so maybe I'm a special case. :)

Okay ... I love the characters and I love the plot. Swipe is the beginning of a trilogy where Matched meets Left Behind. 

I love Erin. I don't like Logan's best friend. I LOVE LOGAN.

I honestly don't have a lot to say. It's a page turner and very intense. The characters are good and I love the genre. Definitely recommend! :)

No objectionable content. The romance is kept to crushes and discussing crushes, the language is clean ...

I reviewed this book for

Team Novel Teen.


Team Novel Teen is a group of bloggers dedicated to spreading the word about clean teen fiction. Check out other posts about Swipe by Evan Angler by clicking on the links below, and check out www.NovelTeen.com for more information about Team Novel Teen.

Author's website: evanangler.com 

5 comments:

  1. I loved this book too. And I also liked Logan.
    Great review!
    :-)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Logan and Erin too and came to like Logan's friend. And you are not a special case. I thought the beginning was slow too but most other people thaught it was great. Don't get me wrong, I think it is really good to and will be an exciting series but I thought it started slow but became exciting and intriguing. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so cool that you passed it on to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Erin is my favorite character :-)

    ReplyDelete